Friday, March 6, 2009

Kukeri Pics

OK I lied (Well, sort of)... As I mentioned in my previous post, my camera is currently being refurbished for future enjoyment, but I was able to salvage the Kukeri pictures and videos from my card before sending it away. Yeah!

So... without further ado:

A scene from the sleepy town of Shiroka Luka before the festival...


The concert we went to featured some crazy horo moves...


The first round of Kukeri marching and dancing in the center.


The next group getting ready to go on...



Some really tall Kukeris...


Showing off some patriotism (this year's Kukeri coincided with the weekend of Mar. 3, the Bulgarian Independence Day)...


This guy had the best seat in the house. In his house.




Here's some video to give you a better idea of the craziness:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This might even beat Gasparilla madness in Tampa! LOL