Monday, October 6, 2008

Snow Alert

It's the beginning of October and the hills near my village are covered in snow. Here we go...

In other news, training is wrapping up. Here's a look at what I'll be up to for the next few days:

Today I take my final language test - the LPI (Language Proficiency Interview... sounds intense, right?). I have to score at an intermediate-low level. Wish me luck...

Tomorrow I'm taking a trip with some other volunteers to Melnik, the wine capital of Bulgaria, and Sandanski, the birthplace of Spartacus.

On Wednesday, we have our final HUB session in Dupnitsa, reflect on how our training went, make final preparations for service, and have one last good time together before heading out to our sites.

Thursday is swearing-in, and my departure to my home for the next 2 years.

Some stats from the last 11 weeks of training:
Hours of language classes taken: too many
murals painted: 1
Bulgarian landmarks seen: 5
football games of home teams missed: 10
hamburgers eaten: 1 (I caved in Sofia... it was pretty disappointing)
pounds lost: somewhere between 10 - 15

More details to come.

Until next time...

No comments: