Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Small Scare

Hey all. Just got my computer back up and running after a small setback. Turns out that my anti-virus software really freaked out and shut down my wireless connection. This in turn corrupted my drive somehow, and I had to ghost my hard drive... Meaning I wiped it clean, and lost all my files, pictures, music etc. that were on here. Luckily, I had most of the info on my external hard drive from when I transferred all my files from my old computer to the laptop. Sweet! So all in all, not a big setback, but kind of a pain because I have to set everything up again. At least it happened before I left the country!

Anyway, I just got back from a great trip up the coast with my mom. It was kind of a final American road trip before I have to really get cracking on preparing for service. We went from here in L.A. up the coast, stopping in several towns along the way, to San Francisco. The first night we stayed in this little fishing town called Morro Bay. Great little town. We had planned to do some hiking in the mountains along the coast, but there had recently been some fires and so they shut down most of the trails. It was still a great drive, however, with very unique scenery - very different feel from the East coast shores... San Fran was of course great, and we spent a day just walking around the city (we found it was pretty difficult haha). I was surprised to see that the city really is that picturesque and beautiful. There's not much else I can say about it. It's just one of those places that one has to experience themselves.

Tomorrow, after a hike to the top of Hollywood Hill, I'll start really getting down to finalizing my preparations for service in Bulgaria. I have more forms to fill out, last minute odds and ends to pack, things to print out, gifts to buy for the host family in BG... a lot to do, and ever dwindling time... Less than a week to go!

Until next time...

No comments: