Monday, June 23, 2008

This Old Town

Hello from Tampa International Airport...

Today officially marks my last day in Tampa. I believe it also marks the first day of my new life's journey. I've been thinking about this transition for the past couple of days as I moved the last bits of furniture from my mom's old house to be transported via Portable On Demand Storage to LA. Now that it's here, I think I'm finally ready to leave it behind. I took a long walk on Bayshore last night, and while sitting on a bench overlooking downtown across the Bay I said my goodbyes to the town I have lived in and loved for all of my 22 years. It was funny, because every time I would think of a bad memory that occurred within these city limits, several positive ones would flow into my mind... All the good times. It was a great way to tie up my experience here.


On a side note, today before mom and I came to the airport, I had what I believe will be my last real Cuban meal in quite a while at La Teresita. It was delicious, and brought all those good memories back up to the surface.

Anyway, I'm ready to move on, but 'll always love this town, and I couldn't imagine growing up anywhere else. Even though I'll miss a lot of things about living here, like having access to Bayshore (one of the best walks anywhere in my opinion), and the way the thunderstorms here can somehow be so violent and beautiful at the same time, I know I have a great adventure lying ahead of me. Goodbye Tampa.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Hollie Anderson said...

Hey, my wife and I are doing an internship in Bulgaria starting Sep. 9. I lived there before for a couple of years and met a few PCVs and they all seemed to really enjoy what they were doing.

Bulgaria is going to rock--have a great time!

George Scoville said...

it's too bad you left tampa right when new owners, the mullet, and a heap-load of talent totally overhaul the bolts!