Friday, June 13, 2008

Another Part of the Process

Today my Staging Kit (pretty much instructions for orientation) came in the mail. Good thing too, since the big move begins tomorrow.

Inside the envelope was (surprise, surprise)... more paperwork! There's assorted forms scattered around in there, a book for me, one for my family, and instructions about how to get plane tickets to the staging location. We'll be staging in Arlington. Also, the date seems to have moved back. I was going to be starting on the 18th of July, but now the official date is the 25th, so that's a little extra time here in the States. Nice? Sure!

Anyway, things are really starting to speed up now. This whole deal is getting more and more real every day. I'm leaving for LA in ten days, then it will be almost exactly a month til I head overseas to Bulgaria. It's crazy to even think about. Crazy, but really exciting.

The next ten days will be spent working harder than I have so far this summer. Moving is something that I'm really used to, and I love the exercise. However, I'm not going to be able to study Bulgarian at all during the move. And all this paperwork has to be filled out sometime. I'm sure things will work themselves out.

Speaking of studying Bulgarian, I can count now... and greet people, and some other random things. Making slow progress, but it's a start. Woohoo!

Until next time... which might not be for a while haha.

1 comment:

Kush said...

When you're in LA, give Nikki and me a call!