Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Snow Fell on Preslav...

I got out of the apartment the other day to take a walk around in the new snow in Preslav and take some pictures. This has to be one of my new favorite things to do, even though I get crazy looks from the locals. I usually get looks of disbelief when I tell people that I come from a place that doesn't experience snow, followed by, "Why are you out walking when it's so cold out? You should go inside."

Regardless, I think Preslav takes on a completely new personality under a layer of snow. It adds something to this place - a new and different beauty from the one I was introduced to a few months ago (wow, I've been here "a few months" now, feels crazy). I love just walking around and taking it in... There's something about it that takes my mind off the stresses of life here - a quiet and stillness under that pure and clean blanket - and it's very refreshing for me.

Here are some of the pictures I've taken around town... enjoy!




Tomorrow is New Years Eve, and I'll be spending it at the Dom with the kids, so that should be an all day adventure and a lot of fun. Stay tuned for the details!
Until next time...

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I am sure they are all saying, "That crazy young American boy from Florida is walking in the snow again to take pictures! He should be inside where it's warm!" The pictures are super! Some people don't get it that for native Floridians, walking in the snow is a treat! Two of my favorite trips were the ones all of us and Gramps and Grandma and the one with Gramps to Germany and Switzerland at Christmas!