Saturday, February 21, 2009

So This Happened...

Just when I thought winter was over, Bulgaria goes and pulls a fast one on me again. It's been pretty warm lately (some days even up to 60 degrees!), and I was looking forward to getting out and starting some of my outdoor activities with the kids... maybe exercising more... But yesterday it snowed all day and all night. It wasn't the friendly, peaceful snow to which I've become accustomed over the past couple of months... no, this was beastly, smack you in the face, can't see 5 feet in front of you snow. I woke up this morning to find this:

A walk around town later in the day revealed this:

Sucks to be that guy.

All things considered, today was actually a really beautiful sunny day, and I went out and played in the 2 feet thick snow in front of my blok. I got some weird looks from some of my neighbors, but I think it was worth it. This might be winter's last stand for this year. I'm hoping so, so that I can start playing baseball and football... In the meantime, I'll try to enjoy the massive pile of snow outside my window.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Only people who grew up in Florida with no snow know how exciting and fun it is playing in the snow like you did!